| : Home : Carmarthenshire Family Information, Childcare & Play : Childcare
Developing Childcare to meet the needs of parents/carers across Carmarthenshire
Childcare provision in Carmarthenshire has been developed over a number of years (in line with the Welsh Government’s Vision and is delivered directly via a mixed economy; private, voluntary and statutory sector). Our current childcare registered provision with the CSSIW (Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales) consists of the following:
113 Childminders (735 registered childcare places)
35 Day Nurseries (1,314 registered childcare places)
52 Sessional Care (955 registered childcare places)
42 Out of School Clubs (1,161 registered places, Out of school Clubs, holiday Clubs, and play schemes)
In line with the Welsh Government’s Childcare Strategy and new statutory duties under section 22 of the Childcare Act 2006, Carmarthenshire Children’s Partnership will continue to develop childcare capacity within the county and work towards achieving ‘Sufficient Childcare’ by providing:-
For further information on any of the above please contact the Childcare Development Officer on 01267 246552.
- Financial support and guidance to 3 key childcare organisations; Mudiad Meithrin (MM), Wales Pre-school Providers Association (WPPA) and Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids Club (CPCKC) to sustain and further develop childcare provision throughout the County in line with Carmarthenshire’s Childcare Sufficiency Assessment findings and recommendations.
- Subsidised training to staff working in registered childcare settings;
- Information to parents carers about registered childcare provision in the County via the Family Information Service (FIS).
- Childminding and Training Development Officer supporting current and prospective childminders.
- Engaging with the private day nurseries through regular visits.
- Start Up Grants for New Registered Childcare Settings.
- Sustainability grants to all registered childcare settings offering Full Day Care, Sessional care and Out Of School/Holiday Care.