| : Home : Family Support Services : Young Carers
Young carers provide care to a parent or guardian, sibling, grandparent or extended family member with a disability, long term illness or mental health issues.
The young carers service in Carmarthenshire identifies and supports the growing number of children and young people from eight to 18 who are responsible for caring for a loved one.
The service supports the young carers and enables them to have a life outside of their caring role. The service aims to:
Carmarthenshire Young Carers Service transferred from Barnardo’s to Carmarthenshire County Council on 1st April 2013. The service is a partnership between Carmarthenshire County Council and Hywel Dda Health Board.
- identify young carers throughout Carmarthenshire
- support young carers to have positive lifestyle
- raise the profile of young carers throughout Carmarthenshire reduce exclusion and isolation, which can be inherent in caring
- provide activities so young carers develop skills and links with each other and can participate more in youth activities
- provide residential activities so young carers have short overnight breaks from their caring responsibilities and just have fun.
Carmarthenshire Young Carers Service
Town Hall Square,
For advice and information on a range of issues affecting young people and their relationships